August 2, 2020
Welcome to TCAC Online Service
We are so glad you're here!
This is an amazing way for us to still gather despite being in different locations. As you follow the outline below, our prayer is that you will be led into the presence of our Risen Lord, and that there you might find Him ministering to your soul.
Go through this service at your own pace, thoughtfully and prayerfully, clicking, reading, praying or listening as appropriate. May it affect you and bring you closer to Jesus!
WELCOME AND PRAYER
CALL TO WORSHIP
Psalm 138:1-2 (NIV)
1 I will praise you, Lord, with all my heart;
before the “gods” I will sing your praise.
2 I will bow down toward your holy temple
and will praise your name
for your unfailing love and your faithfulness,
for you have so exalted your solemn decree
that it surpasses your fame.
WORSHIP IN SONG
Who You say I am
From the Inside Out
We are so grateful for those who at this time are continuing to tithe and support the church and its work.
- For online giving:
- TCAC link - which we've expanded to accept more credit and Visa debit cards - here is the link [Click here to give]
- Or send your cheque payable to TCAC to the church address : TCAC, 77 First Avenue, Toronto, ON M4M 1W7
Jeremiah 20:7-13 (NIV)
7 You deceivedme, Lord, and I was deceived;
you overpowered me and prevailed.
I am ridiculed all day long;
everyone mocks me.
8 Whenever I speak, I cry out
proclaiming violence and destruction.
So the word of the Lord has brought me
insult and reproach all day long.
9 But if I say, “I will not mention his word
or speak anymore in his name,”
his word is in my heart like a fire,
a fire shut up in my bones.
I am weary of holding it in;
indeed, I cannot.
10 I hear many whispering,
“Terror on every side!
Denounce him! Let’s denounce him!”
All my friends
are waiting for me to slip, saying,
“Perhaps he will be deceived;
then we will prevail over him
and take our revenge on him.”
11 But the Lord is with me like a mighty warrior;
so my persecutors will stumble and not prevail.
They will fail and be thoroughly disgraced;
their dishonor will never be forgotten.
12 Lord Almighty, you who examine the righteous
and probe the heart and mind,
let me see your vengeance on them,
for to you I have committed my cause.
13 Sing to the Lord!
Give praise to the Lord!
He rescues the life of the needy
from the hands of the wicked.
Navigating Change Series
Struggling with Change
Pastor Stephen Ford
Come As You Are
Pastor Stephen Ford
Take a moment now to reflect (alone or with someone else) on the following questions:
- The message spoke of how you are you for a purpose and encouraged you to seek to align your will with God's revealed will for you. If you were to put it in one or two sentences, what would you say is the purpose you sense God has for you? How aligned is your life to that purpose?
- Are you more of an Isaiah or a Jeremiah? What encouragement are challenge did you receive today from the look at Jeremiah and his struggles?
- As for opportunities of how you can connect online with others of the church, please see the front page of our website, https://tcaconline.org
- Wednesday @ 7:30 pm - Connect & Prayer (English): To join, click on this Zoom link https://zoom.us/j/123451258 and use passcode 771 or listen in by calling: 647-558-0588 and using this meeting ID: 123-451-258 and enter passcode 771. All are welcome to join us for roughly 30 minutes of connecting followed by an hour of prayer.