October 18, 2020
Welcome to TCAC Online Service
We are so glad you're here!
This is an amazing way for us to still gather despite being in different locations. As you follow the outline below, our prayer is that you will be led into the presence of our Risen Lord, and that there you might find Him ministering to your soul.
Go through this service at your own pace, thoughtfully and prayerfully, clicking, reading, praying or listening as appropriate. May it affect you and bring you closer to Jesus!
WELCOME AND PRAYER
CALL TO WORSHIP
Psalm 96:7-9 (NIV)
7 Ascribe to the Lord, all you families of nations,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
8 Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering and come into his courts.
9 Worship the Lord in the splendor of his[a] holiness;
tremble before him, all the earth.
WORSHIP IN SONG
Heart of Worship
Heal our Land
Our God and Father in heaven, it is right for us to give You thanks and praise!
O Lord, our God, sustainer of the universe, at Your command all things came to be.
By Your will, the vast expense of space, galaxies, suns, the planets in their course,
add this fragile earth, our island home, were all created and have their being.
You brought forth the human race and blessed us with memory, reason, and skill.
You made us the stewards of creation, but we turned against You and betrayed Your trust.
Yet Your mercy is like a spring that never fails.
You Yourself, in Christ Your son, came to deliver us.
You redeem us in Your love and mercy.
You will create new heavens and a new earth where the cry of distress is heard no more.
Therefore, we praise You, joining with the heavenly chorus
and with those in every generation who have looked to You in hope,
to proclaim with them Your glory, in their unending hymn:
Holy, Holy, Holy Lord, God of power and might, heaven and earth are full of Your glory.
Hosanna is the highest, blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
Hosanna in the highest.
Through Christ, with Christ, in Christ,
All honor and glory are Yours for ever. Amen.
We are so grateful for those who at this time are continuing to tithe and support the church and its work.
- For online giving:
- TCAC link - which we've expanded to accept more credit and Visa debit cards - here is the link [Click here to give]
- Or send your cheque payable to TCAC to the church address : TCAC, 77 First Avenue, Toronto, ON M4M 1W7
Acts 2:41-47 (NIV)
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.
42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
Life in the Spirit Series
Church Life in the Spirit
Rev. Stephen Ford
All Who are Thirsty
Rev. Stephen Ford
Take a moment now to reflect (alone or with someone else) on the following questions:
1) being baptized, 2) the teaching of the Word, 3) fellowship with other believers, 4) the taking of Communion, 5) joint prayer, 6) sharing with or ministering to those in need, and 7) outreach.
- How is our church fellowship like and unlike this summary of a vibrant, Spirit-filled church? What could you do to help our church be more like the one described in Acts 2? How will this example affect the way you pray for our church?
- The believers in Acts devoted themselves (intently engaged in, attended to constantly, to persist obstinately in) to prayer. How would you summarize our church's general understanding of prayer? What does your current practice in prayer say about your understanding?
- As for opportunities of how you can connect online with others of the church, please see the front page of our website, https://tcaconline.org
- Wednesday @ 7:30 pm - Connect & Prayer (English): To join, click on this Zoom link https://zoom.us/j/123451258 and use passcode 771 or listen in by calling: 647-558-0588 and using this meeting ID: 123-451-258 and enter passcode 771. All are welcome to join us for roughly 30 minutes of connecting followed by an hour of prayer.