September 19, 2021
Welcome to TCAC Online Service
We are so glad you're here!
This is an amazing way for us to still gather despite being in different locations. As you follow the outline below, our prayer is that you will be led into the presence of our Risen Lord, and that there you might find Him ministering to your soul.
Go through this service at your own pace, thoughtfully and prayerfully, clicking, reading, praying or listening as appropriate. May it affect you and bring you closer to Jesus!
WELCOME AND PRAYER
CALL TO WORSHIP
Psalm 1:1-3 (NIV)
1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,
2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.
3 That person is like a tree planted by streams of water,
which yields its fruit in season
and whose leaf does not wither—
whatever they do prospers.
WORSHIP IN SONG
Great Are You Lord
Called Me Higher - All Sons and Daughters
Almighty and most merciful God, we praise You,
for every good and perfect gift comes from You.
We give You thanks and praise for all Your mercies.
Thank You, Lord, for You have redeemed us
and we ask that You will grant us a heart to love and serve You.
O Lord our God, the author of our Salvation
we thank You for Your loving care over all Your creation.
We bless You for the gift of life, for Your protection around us,
even during this second wave of COVID You have surrounded us with Your protection.
Have mercy, Lord, and heal our land.
In all these things, O heavenly God, makes us wise to use rightly Your benefits,
that we may render an acceptable thanksgiving unto You all the days of our lives.
O generous God, You have given us life, a place to live in, and people to live with.
Open our eyes to each other and to all our brothers and sisters,
especially the poor, the oppressed, the alienated, the depress, the sick, and the elderly.
Make us humble enough to help and comfort them,
so that Your love may shine through us by the power of the Holy Spirit.
We come before You afresh today to consecrate ourselves and lives to You and to the service of others,
through Jesus Christ, our precious Lord and Saviour.
We are so grateful for those who at this time are continuing to tithe and support the church and its work.
- For online giving:
- TCAC link - which we've expanded to accept more credit and Visa debit cards - here is the link [Click here to give]
- Or send your cheque payable to TCAC to the church address : TCAC, 77 First Avenue, Toronto, ON M4M 1W7
Colossians 4:2-6 (NIV)
2 Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. 3 And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. 4 Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should. 5 Be wise in the way you act toward outsiders; make the most of every opportunity. 6 Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone.
Looking Beyond Ourselves
The key to open doors
Rev. Stephen Ford
Cry In My Heart
Pastor Stephen Ford
Take a moment now to reflect (alone or with someone else) on the following questions:
- What was stirred in your heart as you listened to the Leonard Ravenhill quote?
- Leonard Ravenhill said, "Poverty-stricken as the Church is today in many things, she is most stricken here, in the place of prayer. We have many organizers, but few agonizers; many players and payers, few pray-ers; many singers, few clingers; lots of pastors, few wrestlers; many fears, few tears; much fashion, little passion; many interferers, few intercessors; many writers, but few fighters. Failing here, we fail everywhere." What steps can you take to move more toward being an agonizer, a pray-er, a wrestler, an intercessor, a fighter?
- What "open door" are you being led to pray for right now?
- As for opportunities of how you can connect online with others of the church, please see the front page of our website, https://tcaconline.org
- Wednesday @ 7:30 pm - Connect & Prayer (English): To join, click on this Zoom link https://zoom.us/j/123451258 and use passcode 771 or listen in by calling: 647-558-0588 and using this meeting ID: 123-451-258 and enter passcode 771. All are welcome to join us for roughly 30 minutes of connecting followed by an hour of prayer.